How Much Can a 2020 RAM 1500 Tow?
How much can a RAM 1500 tow? When properly equipped, the 1500 delivers all of the RAM truck power Milton drivers know and love. This durable truck is capable of producing a max towing capacity of 12,750 pounds, earning a Best-in-Class V8 Engine Towing* capacity. Learn more about the muscular RAM 1500 towing capacity below to take on all of your tough towing tasks in Ferry Pass with ease!
RAM 1500 Engines & Capacities
The RAM 1500 towing capacity is bolstered by several engine options. Each build offers unique specs and capabilities, but you can rule the Cantonment job site no matter which RAM 1500 engine you claim. Whichever engine you choose, you will enjoy the Class-Exclusive TorqueFlite® 8-speed automatic transmission standard.
- 3.6L V6 24V VVT eTorque Engine Upg I— capable of 305 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque. Towing capacity maxes out at 7,730 pounds.
- 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT Engine— puts out 395 hp, 410 lb-ft of torque, and tows a max of 11,610 pounds.
- 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT eTorque Engine— produces 395 hp, 410 lb-ft of torque, and towing power of up to 12,750 pounds.
- 3.0L EcoDiesel V6 Engine— capable of up to 260 hp, 480 lb-ft of torque, and tows a max of 12,560 pounds—the highest diesel tow rating in the class.
As with the horsepower and torque, the payload capacity of each engine will vary. Based on which trim you opt for, payload capacity ranges from 2,100 to 2,300 pounds.
More Features for Easier Towing
While the engine under the hood will deliver plenty of muscle, the RAM 1500 towing capacity doesn’t simply rely on raw engine power. The RAM 1500 offers some of the most advanced features on the market to make hauling and navigating safe, simple, and relaxing:
- TorqueFlite® Transmission: When working in tandem with the eTorque mild hybrid system, the RAM 1500 can achieve a 20 mpg city/25 mpg highway rating.
- Largest-in-Class Brakes: The 14.9-inch brakes built into the RAM 1500 offer the stopping power you need on hectic work sites and busy Pensacola streets.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection: The RAM 1500 will watch your back. While surveying blind spots, this system automatically accounts for the length of your trailer when providing warnings and alerts.
- Multi-Function Tailgate: This available feature allows convenient access to your truck bed, even with the trailer hooked up. The 60/40 split gate makes it easier to maximize your cargo room.
Test Drive the 2020 RAM 1500 at Sandy Sansing in Pensacola!
Now that you can answer, “how much can a RAM 1500 tow?” the only thing left to do is buy! When you take the reins of this formidable truck, your workweek projects and weekend adventures will be easier and more enjoyable than ever! Our finance experts are standing by to help you secure a favorable deal. Contact us today to learn more about RAM trucks and the services we provide!
More from Sandy Sansing
If you’re shopping around Milton for a crossover with the space and power of an SUV and the sharp handling and efficiency of a sedan, the 2021 Nissan Rogue is a natural choice. One of the highlights of this year’s Rogue is its feature-loaded and roomy cabin. Read on to learn more about the 2021…
The 2021 Jeep Gladiator is for those who don’t want to be bound by Milton roads. With impressive off-roading capabilities, and power that won’t quit, you can count on the Gladiator to get even the toughest jobs done, whether you need it for the job site or a trip into the backcountry. Learn more about…
Are you looking for a new Mazda SUV? Then maybe you should check out the 2021 Mazda CX-5! With 2,000 pounds of towing capacity,* the Mazda CX-5 towing capacity sets this SUV apart from the competition, but that’s not all. The CX-5 has even more to offer, as Milton drivers are set to enjoy its…