What Is Good Mileage For A Used Car?
If you’re searching for a new ride, you’ll want to choose a vehicle that has good mileage for a used car. Some drivers will tell you to stay away from any vehicle that has more than 100,000 miles, but in this day and age, used cars are lasting a lot longer than they used to. So, what is considered high mileage for a used car? If you’re looking near Ferry Pass, it’s possible to find solid vehicles with 150,000 or even 175,000 miles on the odometer. Learn more about the process of selecting a used vehicle with our team.
Narrow Down Your Options: Mileage and Other Factors
Today’s vehicles often travel more than 200,000 miles, so when you’re shopping for used cars for sale near Milton, you’re going to have plenty of options. Here are a few of the other things you should consider while comparing used vehicles:
- How was the vehicle used? Did it earn its miles in stop-and-go city traffic, or was it often engaged in heavy work? If either of these are true, it’s probably suffered more wear and tear than its mileage would suggest. If it was driven hard in especially wet, hot, or cold climates, the vehicle’s best days are probably behind it.
- Has the vehicle been properly maintained? A used vehicle that has received all of its regular oil changes and required maintenance will be in much better shape than a low-milage model that’s been neglected. Ask about each option’s service history.
- At the end of the day, getting a mechanic’s take is never a bad idea. They can identify major mechanical problems, reveal hidden structural damage, and find rust that could lead to lasting issues.
Vehicle Age: How Much Mileage is Good for a Used Car?
At some point in your search, you may have to compare a newer car with more miles against an older car with fewer. For starters, you should note that most drivers near Cantonment drive around 13,000 miles a year. Mileage can differ on used vs. CPO vehicles as well, as CPO models often have less clocked on the odometer.
Divide the vehicle’s mileage by the number of years that it’s been on the road. If the number you get is significantly higher than 13,000, you’re probably dealing with a vehicle that’s suffered more wear and tear than is average. Here are a few other things to consider when you’re weighing mileage vs. age:
- Vehicles that aren’t driven regularly can still develop mechanical problems. Sometimes these are small and easy to fix, but on other occasions, they could require costly repairs. An older vehicle with low mileage might be a big risk.
- All other factors being equal, take the used vehicle with the best maintenance history. This record of service is really the best way to know how your vehicle will hold up in the coming years.
- Sellers know that buyers are on the hunt for low-mileage used cars for sale. For this reason, these models often have a premium tacked on to their price tag! So, you could end up paying more in the short term.
If you want to find an exceptionally dependable used vehicle, find a certified pre-owned model! The CPO meaning ensures that you’ll find a vehicle with fewer than 100,000 miles. If you’re hoping to maximize your savings, check out our lineup of models priced under $10K.
Find a Great Used Car for Sale with Sandy Sansing!
Now that you’ve seen what is considered high mileage for a used car, we’re sure you’re ready to explore more of your options. Check out our extensive inventory of used vehicles, and then visit your local Sandy Sansing dealership to take your pick for a test drive!
Learn More with Sandy Sansing
Owning a premium Lincoln vehicle is a joy that every Pensacola driver can enjoy. With affordable options and luxurious high-end vehicles, the new Lincoln lineup at Sandy Sansing has a model for every wish list. In our Lincoln car price guide, we will discuss the prices and features Milton drivers can expect from their new Lincoln…
How much can a RAM 1500 tow? When properly equipped, the 1500 delivers all of the RAM truck power Milton drivers know and love. This durable truck is capable of producing a max towing capacity of 12,750 pounds, earning a Best-in-Class V8 Engine Towing* capacity. Learn more about the muscular RAM 1500 towing capacity below…
With its memorable style and legendary performance on the track, MINI devotees from Milton to Ferry Pass have lots of reasons to love this year’s lineup. Add luxury interior amenities and you have a uniquely MINI driving experience. Whether you’re going for practicality or performance, the MINI Cooper comes in a range of sizes and body…