What Is Good Mileage For A Used Car?
If you’re searching for a new ride, you’ll want to choose a vehicle that has good mileage for a used car. Some drivers will tell you to stay away from any vehicle that has more than 100,000 miles, but in this day and age, used cars are lasting a lot longer than they used to. So, what is considered high mileage for a used car? If you’re looking near , it’s possible to find solid vehicles with 150,000 or even 175,000 miles on the odometer. Learn more about the process of selecting a used vehicle with our team.
Narrow Down Your Options: Mileage and Other Factors
Today’s vehicles often travel more than 200,000 miles, so when you’re shopping for used cars for sale near , you’re going to have plenty of options. Here are a few of the other things you should consider while comparing used vehicles:
- How was the vehicle used? Did it earn its miles in stop-and-go city traffic, or was it often engaged in heavy work? If either of these are true, it’s probably suffered more wear and tear than its mileage would suggest. If it was driven hard in especially wet, hot, or cold climates, the vehicle’s best days are probably behind it.
- Has the vehicle been properly maintained? A used vehicle that has received all of its required maintenance will be in much better shape than a low-milage model that’s been neglected. Ask about each option’s service history.
- At the end of the day, getting a mechanic’s take is never a bad idea. They can identify major mechanical problems, reveal hidden structural damage, and find rust that could lead to lasting issues.
Vehicle Age: How Much Mileage is Good for a Used Car?
At some point in your search, you may have to compare a newer car with more miles against an older car with fewer. For starters, you should note that most drivers near drive around 13,000 miles a year.
Divide the vehicle’s mileage by the number of years that it’s been on the road. If the number you get is significantly higher than 13,000, you’re probably dealing with a vehicle that’s suffered more wear and tear than is average. Here are a few other things to consider when you’re weighing mileage vs. age:
- Vehicles that aren’t driven regularly can still develop mechanical problems. Sometimes these are small and easy to fix, but on other occasions, they could require costly repairs. An older vehicle with low mileage might be a big risk.
- All other factors being equal, take the used vehicle with the best maintenance history. This record of service is really the best way to know how your vehicle will hold up in the coming years.
- Sellers know that buyers are on the hunt for low-mileage used cars for sale. For this reason, these models often have a premium tacked on to their price tag! So, you could end up paying more in the short term.
Find a Great Used Car for Sale with Sandy Sansing!
Now that you’ve seen what is considered high mileage for a used car, we’re sure you’re ready to explore more of your options. Check out our extensive inventory of used vehicles, and then visit your local Sandy Sansing dealership to take your pick for a test drive!
Learn More with Sandy Sansing
Do you love your current pick-up truck, but are also interested in a new model with all of the latest technology, safety features, and capabilities? Consider upgrading your truck at Sandy Sansing Stores. You can trade in your current Ford, Chevrolet, Ram, or Toyota model and take home the truck of your dreams with all of…
The Ford brand has been around since 1903, the year when Henry Ford initiated his profound contribution to vehicle history. Since then, the vehicles in the Ford lineup have come along way, but Ford has always been right at the top. It’s not hard to see why either. From its wide array of cars, trucks,…
When it’s time to find a new car, truck, or SUV, drivers from Pensacola and the surrounding areas will want to make the trek to Sandy Sansing Dealerships. Here you can find the new Chevrolet vehicle that you’ve been searching for as well as a wide variety of each so you can locate the perfect…