2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
2019 Ford F-150 vs. 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
J.D. Power Predicted Reliability
First Scheduled Maintenance
The 2019 Ford F-150 and the 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 both have instant name recognition among drivers near and , and it’s not hard to see that both are bringing a lot to the roads in your area. If you’re unsure which model is right for you, compare the 2019 Ford F-150 vs. Silverado 1500 with Sandy Sansing before taking the next steps.
Engine Options and Performance: Ford F-150 vs. Silverado 1500
Comparing the Ford F-150 vs. Chevrolet Silverado 1500 on performance, the first thing to note is that both pickups offer a compelling base engine and an even more impressive array of upgrades and options. Here’s what you should keep in mind as you start searching for a model:
- The Chevy base engine has more torque than the Ford base engine, but in general, the Ford engines outpace those of their rival, if only by small margins.
- When properly equipped, the F-150 has a maximum towing capability of 13,200 pounds. The Silverado towing capacity maxes out at a respectable 12,200 pounds, but if you want the strongest truck, you know which way to go.
- With that said, diesel enthusiasts will likely prefer the Chevy. The Chevrolet 3.0-Liter Duramax® makes 277 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque. The F-150 Power Stroke® diesel tops out with 250 hp and 450 lb-ft.
Interested in breaking free from the beaten path? Both pickups offer an off-road focused trim level.
Features and Inclusions: Ford F150 vs. Silverado 1500
Since both trucks were either redesigned or refreshed in the very recent past, each offers a wide array of standard features and unique inclusions. Here are some of the features that might make you choose one truck or the other:
- Every Silverado includes CornerStep, standard, so you’ll have easy access to the cargo bay. A tailgate step, which offers similar utility, costs extra on the Ford F-150.
- Upgraded F-150 trims offer powerful, semi-automated driver-assistance features, like Park Assist and Adaptive Cruise Control.
- When upgraded, the Silverado 1500 offers a head-up display and a Qi-compatible wireless smartphone charging panel in the center console.
- Do you connect to your vehicle’s audio system using Bluetooth®? If so, you’ll be glad to learn that the Silverado 1500 offers this feature, standard. You’ll have to pay extra to get the same tech in the F-150.
Reliability and Cost-to-Own: Ford F-150 vs. Silverado 1500
- J.D. Power is one of the most trusted industry names when it comes to reliability. They’ve awarded the F-150 a predicted reliability score of three points out of five. Their experts favored the Silverado, which earned four points out of five in the same contest.
- Ford has opted to include an engine start/stop system on every F-150 trim. Although the silverado is available with engine start/stop system, it’s only available on select configurations. The result: the F-150 driver tends to enjoy superior fuel economy.
- Both models come with a 3-year/36,000-mile basic warranty and a 5-year/60,000-mile powertrain warranty. The F-150 corrosion warranty lasts for “unlimited miles,” but it expires after five years. The Silverado corrosion warranty lasts for six years, but will expire after 100,000 miles.
- Chevrolet will pay for your first Silverado scheduled maintenance appointment. The driver who chooses Ford will be on the hook for the cost of that first service visit.
Find a New Truck at Your Local Sandy Sansing Dealership!
Now that you’ve compared the 2019 Ford F-150 vs. Silverado 1500, you’ve seen the best of the best! If you’re ready to take the next steps, visit your local Sandy Sansing Chevrolet or Ford dealership to find a great deal. With dealerships near Pensacola, FL, Daphne, AL, and all across the region, it’s easy to end up with a model you truly love.
Take a look at our new Chevrolet inventory or our new Ford inventory today. Or, browse our full new truck inventory for even more ideas! Then, find out how to finance your purchase with a little help from the experts.